Anthony Foscolos offers clients extensive financial leadership support. Over his 25-year career, he has served as CFO, COO, and CEO, giving him both a unique perspective in analyzing financial information and the ability to work with leadership teams to synergize meaningful action plans.
Foscolos contributed significantly to the growth of several businesses in these C-Suite positions. The results have been impressive and consistent, with year over year growth of +30 % over periods in excess of 10 years. In one case, he increased revenues in seven years from zero to $30 million.
As a professional public accountant and a compliance auditor, Foscolos became well rounded in several industries, including retail, professional services, health services, manufacturing, production, engineering and construction. He also developed technology and research-based businesses within these sectors.
Working on a fractional or project basis, Foscolos brings financial, business, and leadership skills to each engagement. Financial skills include
- Preparing, analyzing, and reviewing financial statements with leadership teams to identify areas for improvement and growth.
- Establishing & analyzing financial key performance indicators (KPIs) necessary for continued success.
- Developing financial & cash flow forecasts under different business & economic scenarios.
- Developing and auditing internal controls and processes.
- Planning and maximizing shareholder value for future exits.
- Growing and synergizing all financial departments of the business including Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Tax, Legal, Insurance, & Information Technology.
- Raising capital
- Managing and assisting with mergers, and acquisitions.
Business skills include
- Assistance in creating company-wide KPIs.
- Aligning team compensation plans with KPIs to drive continued success.
- Providing profit analysis of products and services – ensuring actual gross profits are understood and maximized on an individual basis.
- Improving procurement systems to ensure routine costs are controlled and profits are maximized.
- Creating processes and process improvement around all core functions of the business.
- Reviewing and aligning organizational structure to increase efficiency.
- Aligning ownership vision and resolving ownership differences.
- Creating updated business growth plans for market expansion.
In addition, Foscolos has a track record of success in creating and growing foreign subsidiaries in international markets including Canada, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
He completed post-secondary education at the University of Ottawa (Bachelor of Economics) in 1992. At the age of 25, Foscolos joined the Canada Revenue Agency and served as Alberta’s youngest corporate tax compliance auditor. In 2001 he became a Registered Public Accountant (R.P.A.) in Alberta and opened a public accounting and tax firm in Calgary. Over the past 17 years, he has served on the board of directors of six private companies and also as treasurer at his local church.
Anthony Foscolos now proudly calls Florida his home and lives here with his wife. He continues to follow his passion in helping successful small businesses grow into the mid-market range.